Apart from the Nunner Logistics Code of Conduct we also underwrote the ten principles of the UN Global Compact. UN Global Compact is an innitative of UN Chairman Mr Banki Moon. Nunner is every year reporting on the progress it makes to the board of the organisation. Our reporting is critically evaluated and available for interested parties. Apart from our reporting we make a financial contribution in order to enable the organization to do it’s good work. Nunner’s board is participating in UN Global Compact meetings regularly in order to learn, to contribute and to cooperate together with peer companies and governments to make this world a better place for all of us.
The Ten Principles
The UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption enjoy universal consensus and are derived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention Against Corruption
The UN Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment and anti-corruption:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Donwnload our Global Compact pdf